Singita Kataza House is set within a landscape of wetlands and lush meadows with magnificent views of the Sabyinyo, Gahinga and Muhabura volcanoes.
Designed around local materials, the use of volcanic rock, river stone, handmade ceramic tiles and oven-red clay bricks made by surrounding communities connect the villa to the landscape and its culture. These influences are interpreted in a contemporary style and entirely unique architectural layout.
Mountain bamboo, ferns, giant lobelias and forest trees provide a natural backdrop that over time will engulf the buildings and reclaim them back into the forest. Dramatic stone walls rise out of the volcanic boulders and a combination of green-roofed, stonewalled, organic cabin-like structures set alongside light verandas offers a dynamic play on shape and texture.
The interiors have been carefully curated with a focus on handcrafted details. By layering texture and colour and introducing detail through artisanal and handmade pieces like woven panels, handmade tiles, and clay feature pots, the spaces are both reflective and interactive. All elements combine to create a rare and richly textured experience that is true to this extraordinary place.
While completely private, the villa is set alongside Singita Kwitonda Lodge. Guests at Kataza House enjoy access to all facilities and amenities at the lodge, which offers additional spaces for convivial relaxing, entertaining and dining.
The villa sleeps eight people in four bedrooms and amenities include:
- Full staff complement, including a private chef and host
- Indoor baths; indoor and outdoor showers
- Interactive open-plan kitchen
- Open living and dining spaces
- Indoor and outdoor fireplaces
- Cinema room
- Fitness centre
- Small wine cellar
- Larger heated pool and smaller heated pool off master bedroom
- Massage treatment room (guests can also enjoy in-room treatments)
- On-site Akarabo Nursery and farm-to-table garden
- Complimentary WiFi
- Children of all ages are welcome at the villa, but please note that the minimum age for gorilla trekking is 15
- Access to all facilities and amenities at Singita Kwitonda Lodge