Your Journey to Reach Us
- We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters for your trip. All flights land at the Satara airstrip located 45 minutes from the lodge. Guests are collected off the flight by Singita staff and transported to the lodge in a closed air-conditioned vehicle
- On scheduled flights, the weight of luggage is restricted to 20kg (44lb) for checked baggage and 5kg (11lb) for hand luggage. Only soft-sided luggage is permitted.
- Johannesburg – Satara: approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
- Nelspruit – Satara: approximately 45 minutes
- Private aircraft pilots land at their own risk and are advised to broadcast their intentions on frequency 124,8 Mhz. Landing with prior permission only. Please note that only a small number of companies have permission to land at the Satara airstrip as it is run by the National Parks Board. Please contact reservations for a list of recommended charter companies.
- All charters are to be aware of the operating guidelines for pilots in the park and are to obtain prior permission before landing.
- Planes that can land at the Satara airstrip: King Air, Cessna and PC12.
- Runway: 17/35
- Latitude: 24° 22” 31.6’ S
- Longitude: 31° 46” 58.8’ E
- Elevation: 850ft
- Width: 20m
- Length: 1 000m
- Surface: gravel
- Frequencies in use: Lowveld
- Information: 119.0 VFR 124.8
- Closest non-precision let down facility is Skukuza NDB SZ 233
- From Johannesburg: approximately 8 hours’ drive (+/- 600km).
- From Hazyview: approximately 3.5 hours’ drive (+/- 156km).
- From Nelspruit: approximately 4 hours’ drive (+/- 216km).
- From Hoedspruit: approximately 2-3 hours’ drive (+/- 155km).
- From Skukuza: approximately 2-3 hours’ drive (+/-110km).