Accommodation & Amenities
Perched on a hilltop alongside Singita Pamushana Lodge in the remote Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve in Zimbabwe, this elegant exclusive-use home was designed to offer families and friends an intimate shared space and the relaxed freedom to tailor-make their days any way they want, thanks to a dedicated private chef, game vehicle, Field Guide and butler catering for their every need.
Malilangwe House’s five bedrooms each have their own deck, while all flowing into the home’s convivial living areas, interactive kitchen, chic ‘bar-deli’ and main deck with its large rim-flow pool. With its panoramic views of the surrounding landscape and beautiful Malilangwe Dam below, this contemporary African home is set within 130,000 acres of virtually untouched wilderness, making for an unforgettable luxury safari.
Tour our Guest Suites
1 Master Suite (Double/Twin) + 4 Doubles/Twins; Maximum 10 guests
USD 18 150 per house per night (7-10 guests)
USD 16 000 per house per night (7-10 guests)
USD 14 100 per house per night (7-10 guests)
- quoted in United States Dollars (USD)
- inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 15%, a Tourism Levy at 2% and are subject to change.
Accommodation at Singita Malilangwe House includes:
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Private Guide, host, chef and butler (meals can be taken in the main lodge if guests prefer)
- Private game drives in open game-viewing vehicles (one vehicle for up to 8 guests, two vehicles for 9-10 guests) walking safaris, boat cruises, fishing, excursions to ancient rock art sites (accompanied by experienced guides)
- Return road transfers between Buffalo Range International Airport and the lodge
- Laundry service
- Telephone calls
- WiFi access where applicable
- Tourism Levy & VAT
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Massage treatments
- Any additional activities not mentioned above
- Singita Malilangwe House: Day Use Rate (applicable for early check-in & late check-out)
- Transport to and from the reserve.
Check-in / out Times
Check-in time: 14h00
Check-out time: 11h00
Encountering Africa’s magnificent wildlife is a truly life-changing experience, no matter what one’s age, and time spent at Singita Pamushana Lodge makes for an unforgettable family holiday. Filled with discovery and shared connections within nature, it’s an ideal opportunity to open children’s eyes to the wonders of an untouched wilderness.
All activities at the lodge are tailored to specifically suit the interests of each family. In the interest of safety, children may participate in game drives and bush walks at the discretion of dedicated Field Guides. The lodge and villa also offer childminding services, as well as an array of activities to keep little ones engaged and entertained.
Our exciting Mini Rangers Course is a customised, fun-filled programme that opens up a whole new world to young explorers. It includes learning how to track animals; astronomy; bush survival techniques; game-, tree- and bird-spotting competitions as well as nature quizzes.
Children of all ages are welcome at Singita Pamushana Lodge and Malilangwe House.
More children’s activities offered:
- Cooking interactions
- Board games
- Bush walks (minimum age 16)
- Activity booklets with a variety of games, quizzes and games
- Arts & crafts
- Nursery tours
Your Journey to Reach Us
- We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters for your trip. The Federal Air scheduled flight to/from Buffalo Range International Airport is currently only active on Mondays and Thursdays from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. A minimum of three nights’ accommodation at our lodge is necessary when selecting this option with a minimum of two guests traveling.
- Chartered flights can land at Lonestar airstrip, 12 minutes from our lodge. Guests are collected off the flight by Singita staff and transported to the lodge in game viewer vehicles.
- Scheduled flights from Johannesburg O.R Tambo International Airport – Buffalo Range International Airport: approximately 1hr 45 minutes.
- On scheduled flights, the weight of luggage is restricted to 20kg (44lb) for checked baggage and 5kg (11lb) for hand luggage. Only soft-sided luggage is permitted.
- All flights land at Buffalo Range, located 45 minutes from the lodge. Guests are collected at the airstrip by Singita staff and transported to Singita Pamushana in a game viewer vehicle.
- Private aircraft pilots land at their own risk and are advised to broadcast their intentions on frequency 118.700MHz.
- Latitude: 21° 03” 40’ S
- Longitude: 31° 42” 22.2’ E
- Elevation: 4 400ft Surface: Gravel
- Length: 1 000m
* If flying from South Africa, guests need to clear customs at Buffalo Range.
- From Harare: approximately 6 hours’ drive
- From Johannesburg: approximately 12 hours’ drive
Seasons & Weather Vary in the Reserve
To ensure your comfort you may want to tailor your clothing choices to the time of year:
October – April:
The weather is warm during the day and cooler in the morning and evenings. We recommend casual summer clothes (shorts and cool shirts) and a warm jersey/sweater for the cooler times of day.
May – September:
This is Fall and Winter and the temperature will be mild during the day, but colder in the mornings and evenings. We recommend casual light clothing and a very warm parka/jacket for the extremely cold mornings and nights.
Best Time to Go on Safari
Southern Africa is a year-round destination. Traditionally the dry winter months (April to October) are best for game viewing, due to the shorter grass, lack of foliage and the absence of water which forces the game to concentrate around the remaining sources of drinking water.
Annual rainfall, usually in the form of short afternoon thunder showers that clear up within an hour, occur from December to March. Many species give birth to their young around the start of the rains, so the bush is alive with newborn animals.
We recommend packing the following:
Your safari suitcase, packed properly, will ensure that you have everything you need for the ultimate African bush experience. Cotton clothing in neutral colours is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colours for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required at any of our lodges.
- Comfortable walking shoes/track shoes/hiking boots for walks; and sandals to wear around the lodge.
- Swimming costume/bathing suits, sun block, sun hat, sunglasses, lip balm, mosquito repellent (Lip balm and mosquito repellent is provided for all our guests, but you are welcome to bring along your favourite brand).
- Camera and video camera, binoculars, spare memory cards and charging equipment. The use of unmanned aerial vehicles (also known as drones) is strictly prohibited at Singita.
- Please note that in the event of rain during a game drive, waterproof ponchos will be provided for guests’ comfort.
- All of our lodges are located in remote areas and therefore guests should remember to bring an extra pair of correction glasses (if required), contact lens solution and an extra set of contact lenses(if required) as well as a sufficient supply of any prescription medication.
- Malaria: All of Singita’s properties are situated in malaria-risk areas. It is therefore essential that guests consult their medical practitioners regarding anti-malaria requirements prior to travel.
- COVID-19: Your health is our top priority and Singita’s well-informed measures address all concerns travellers may have surrounding COVID-19. In line with the latest recommendations from leading authorities like the World Health Organization, our protocols ensure safe environments and experiences throughout your stay. Please check the latest travel advisory to ensure that you are prepared for all special COVID-19 travel requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Requirements change from time to time. Although we endeavour to stay updated, Singita cannot be held liable for any incorrect or outdated information and we strongly advise guests to always consult their GP and/or travel clinic regarding the latest requirements prior to departure.
All travellers require a passport valid for 6 months after arrival as well as at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel.
Please phone our Pamushana reception and you will be redirected to the lodge or camp you wish to contact.
Tel: +1 770 947 7049/98
For booking enquiries, please reach out to our reservations team in cape Town, South Africa.
- Tel: +27 (0)21 683 3424
- Direct Guests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agents: email@example.com