Accommodation & Amenities
This boldly dramatic lodge, situated on Singita’s private concession in the Kruger National Park, is home to 15 loft-style suites.
The design of these light-filled structures, floating between river and sky, was inspired by the many eagles’ nests built into the cliff face of the river bank. Sophisticated and contemporary, the glass-walled suites are romantic hideaways leading outdoors onto elevated wooden viewing decks where guests may sleep out with nothing more than mosquito netting between them and the stars. Throughout the lodge, the imaginative use of glass, wood, steel, and layered fabrics in muted shades invites the surrounding landscape indoors.
- 13 x Lebombo Suites with sweeping views across the vast wilderness
- 2 x 2-Bedroom Suites with private plunge pool and views of the river
- 1 x 4-Bedroom Villa with private swimming pool, lounge, dining room and deck
- There is a swimming pool in the main lodge area.
- Spa and fitness centre facilities are available.
- The Singita Boutique & Gallery.
- There is a television available in the main lodge area.
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal.
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite.
- Children aged 10 and over are welcome in all suites. Children under 10 years old are welcome in the 2-bedroom suites and the villa. All normal safari activities can be tailored to suit families.
- In the interest of safety, children’s participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
Tour our Guest Suites
ZAR 20 225 per child per night
ZAR 18 835 per child per night
ZAR 17 820 per child per night
2 Doubles/Twins; Maximum 4 guests
ZAR 40 450 per additional adult per night
ZAR 20 225 per additional child per night
ZAR 37 670 per additional adult per night
ZAR 18 835 per additional child per night
ZAR 34 560 per additional adult per night
ZAR 17 280 per additional child per night
Private use of the 2 x Two-bedroom Suites 4, Doubles/Twins; Maximum 8 adults
- quoted in South African Rand (ZAR / R),
- inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 15%, and subject to change.
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Twice daily open Land Rover safaris, walking safaris, (accompanied by experienced guides and trackers)
- Return road transfers between the Satara airstrip and the lodges
- Laundry service
- Tourism levy
- Carbon Offset Levy
- Telephone calls
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Wellness treatments
- Transport to and from the reserve.
- Certain special meal requests
- Children under 10 years old are welcome at Lebombo Lodge in the Two-Bedroom suite.
- A single child accommodated in their own suite will attract the full adult rate.
- Families of four or more members, including at least one child under 10 years are required to book the Two-Bedroom suite and are guaranteed the complimentary use of a private vehicle.
- Families of up to three members, including at least one child under 10 years, are required to book the Two-Bedroom suite and pay for the use of a private vehicle.
- Triples are available on request. An additional room needs to be booked and a minimum charge of 3 adults will apply.
- In the interest of safety, participation of children in game activities is at the discretion of the guide
A single supplement will apply if three or more single rooms are booked in a reservation. A supplement of 25% of the adult rate will be added from the third single room onwards.
- Singita Lebombo & Sweni Lodges may be accessed by private air charter directly to the lodge or on the scheduled air services on Federal Air. Flights to the lodge can only be operated during daylight hours. Restrictions apply.
- Federal Air transfer tariffs are valid 01 January – 31 December and are subject to change. All flight tariffs are nett and non-commissionable
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to the increasing fuel cost, Federal Air may increase their fuel surcharge during the year, in which case the incremental cost must be borne by the client. Singita will not be accountable for any such fluctuations beyond its control
Arrivals & departures for guests travelling during festive season; no arrivals and departures on Christmas Day or New Year's Day at Singita Lodges
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards.
Check-in / out Times
- Check-in time: 14h00
- Check-out time: 11h00
Please note that guests wishing to check in before 14h00 and/or check out after 11h00 are required to book an additional night at the day-use rate.
Encountering Africa’s magnificent wildlife is a truly life-changing experience, no matter what one’s age, and time spent at Singita Lebombo Lodge makes for an unforgettable family holiday. Filled with discovery and shared connections within nature, it’s an ideal opportunity to open children’s eyes to the wonders of an untouched wilderness.
All activities at the lodge are tailored to specifically suit the interests of each family. In the interest of safety, children may participate in game drives and bush walks at the discretion of dedicated Field Guides. The lodge also offers childminding services, as well as an array of activities to keep little ones engaged and entertained.
Our exciting Mini Rangers Course is a customised, fun-filled programme that opens up a whole new world to young explorers. It includes learning how to track animals; astronomy; bush survival techniques; game-, tree- and bird-spotting competitions as well as nature quizzes.
Children aged 10 years and older are welcome at Singita Lebombo Lodge. Children under 10 years old are welcome at Lebombo Villa (in the villa or a two-bedroom suite).
More children’s activities offered:
- Cooking interactions
- Board games
- Bush walks (minimum age 16)
- Activity booklets with a variety of games, quizzes and games
- Arts & crafts
Please phone our Kruger reception and you will be redirected to the lodge or camp you wish to contact.
Tel: +27 (0)13 735 1500
For booking enquiries, please reach out to our reservations team in cape Town, South Africa.
- Tel: +27 (0)21 683 3424
- Direct Guests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agents: email@example.com
To ensure your comfort you may want to tailor your clothing choices to the time of year:
October – April:
The weather is warm during the day and cooler in the morning and evenings. We recommend casual summer clothes (shorts and cool shirts) and a warm jersey/sweater for the cooler times of day.
May – September:
This is fall and winter and the temperature will be mild during the day, but colder in the mornings and evenings. We recommend casual light clothing and a very warm parka/jacket for the extremely cold mornings and nights.
Best Time to go on Safari
Southern Africa is a year-round destination. Traditionally the dry winter months (April to October) are best for game viewing, due to the shorter grass, lack of foliage and the absence of water which forces the game to concentrate around the remaining sources of drinking water.
Annual rainfall, usually in the form of short afternoon thunder showers that clear up within an hour, occur from December to March. Many species give birth to their young around the start of the rains, so the bush is alive with newborn animals.
What to Bring
*Our airline partners require that you travel with soft-sided luggage (max 15kg/33lb per person).
We recommend packing the following:
- Cotton clothing in neutral colours is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colours for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required at any of our lodges.
- Comfortable walking shoes/track shoes/hiking boots for walks and sandals to wear around the lodge.
- Swimming costume/bathing suits, sun block, sun hat, sunglasses, lip balm, mosquito repellent (lip balm and mosquito repellent is provided for all our guests, but you are welcome to bring along your favourite brand).
- Camera and video camera, binoculars, spare memory cards and charging equipment.
- The use of unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) is strictly prohibited at Singita.
- Please note that in the event of rain during a game drive, waterproof ponchos will be provided for guests' comfort.
- All of our lodges are located in remote areas and therefore guests should remember to bring an extra pair of correction glasses, contact lens solution and an extra set of contact lenses (if required) as well as a sufficient supply of any prescription medication.
- Malaria: All of Singita’s properties are situated in malaria-risk areas. It is therefore essential that guests consult their medical practitioners regarding anti-malaria requirements prior to travel.
- COVID-19: Your health is our top priority and Singita’s well-informed measures address all concerns travellers may have surrounding COVID-19. In line with the latest recommendations from leading authorities like the World Health Organization, our protocols ensure safe environments and experiences throughout your stay. Please check the latest travel advisory to ensure that you are prepared for all special COVID-19 travel requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Requirements change from time to time. Although we endeavour to stay updated, Singita cannot be held liable for any incorrect or outdated information and we strongly advise guests to always consult their GP and/or travel clinic regarding the latest requirements prior to departure.
All travellers require a passport valid for 6 months after arrival as well as at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel.
Your Journey to Reach Us
- We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters for your trip. All flights land at the Satara airstrip located 45 minutes from the lodge. Guests are collected off the flight by Singita staff and transported to the lodge.
- On scheduled flights, the weight of luggage is restricted to 20kg (44lb) for checked baggage and 5kg (11lb) for hand luggage. Only soft-sided luggage is permitted.
- Johannesburg – Satara: approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
- Nelspruit – Satara: approximately 45 minutes
- Private aircraft pilots land at their own risk and are advised to broadcast their intentions on frequency 124,8 Mhz. Landing with prior permission only. Please note that only a small number of companies have permission to land at the Satara airstrip as it is run by the National Parks Board. Please contact reservations for a list of recommended charter companies.
- All charters are to be aware of the operating guidelines for pilots in the park and are to obtain prior permission before landing.
- Planes that can land at the Satara airstrip: King Air, Cessna and PC12.
- Runway: 17/35
- Latitude: 24° 22” 31.6’ S
- Longitude: 31° 46” 58.8’ E
- Elevation: 850ft
- Width: 20m
- Length: 1 000m
- Surface: gravel
- Frequencies in use: Lowveld
- Information: 119.0 VFR 124.8
- Closest non-precision let down facility is Skukuza NDB SZ 233
- From Johannesburg: approximately 8hr drive (+/- 600km).
- From Hazyview: approximately 3hr30minute drive (+/- 156km).
- From Nelspruit: approximately 4hr drive (+/- 216km).
- From Hoedspruit: approximately 2-3hr drive (+/- 155km).
- From Skukuza: approximately 2-3hr drive (+/-110km).