Boulders Lodge Information
Accommodation & Amenities
Singita Boulders Lodge is found on the boulders-strewn banks of the Sand River. The lodge provides a continuous connection with the prolific wildlife and birdlife for which Sabi Sand is so well known.
Open to the elements or separated from the outdoors by glass walls, guest suites feel close to the river so guests can closely engage with the magnificent setting.
Each suite has an ensuite bedroom, private sitting room and game viewing deck with private plunge pool overlooking the untouched wilderness, creating the perfect sanctuary for guests during their stay.
Rustic, handmade furnishings made from fossilised tree stumps, slabs of solid stone, wrought iron and leather are balanced with the soft, sensual feeling of a sheep-skin rug, natural flax bed linen and cloud-like cotton towels. These subtle layers of luxury blend soulful, sensual Africa with high design to instill a sense of tranquillity, to ease guests into the rhythm of safari life.
- 7 x River suites are found along the river facing stretch of the property.
- 3 x Bush suites. Two of which overlook a well visited watering hole and the third set back from the river in pristine natural surrounds.
- 2 x Family suites each include an en-suite master bedroom and an en-suite twin bedroom. There’s an extensive outdoor dining and lounge area with a stone fireplace, and a private viewing deck with a heated plunge pool.
Note: Children over the age of 10 are welcome.
- There is a swimming pool in the main lodge area.
- Wellness and fitness centre facilities are available.
- The Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique.
- There is a television available in the library at the main lodge.
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal.
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
- Children over the age of 10 are welcome. There are babysitting services available and tailor-made activities to suit each family. In the interest of safety, childrens’ participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
Electricity / Power available
- 220V. Converters are also available and hairdryers are supplied in each suite.
- Backup diesel generators at Singita Ebony, Ebony Villa, Singita Boulders and Singita Castleton ensure we can continue to operate during the country’s current power outages.
Check-in / Checkout Times
Check-in time: 13h00
Check-out time: 11h00
Tour our Guest Suites
ZAR 26 662.50 per child per night
ZAR 24 827.50 per child per night
ZAR 22 780.00 per child per night
ZAR 25 415.00 per child per night
ZAR 23 675.00 per child per night
ZAR 21 720.00 per child per night
2 Doubles/Twins; Maximum 2 adults & 2 children
ZAR 26 662.50 per additional guest per night
ZAR 24 827.50 per additional guest per night
ZAR 22 780.00 per additional guest per night
- quoted in South African Rand (ZAR / R),
- inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 15%, and subject to change.
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs)
- Twice-daily game drives in open game-viewing vehicles, walking safaris (accompanied by experienced guides and trackers)
- Return road transfers between the Singita airstrip and the lodges
- Laundry service
- WiFi access where applicable
- Tourism Levy and Conservation Contribution
- Carbon Offset Levy
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- Massage treatments
- Any additional activities not mentioned above
- Transport to and from the reserve
- Conservation contribution
- Children aged 10 years and older are welcome at Singita Boulders Lodge.
- Children aged 10-16 years will be accommodated at 50% of the adult rate when sharing a standard Suite with one adult or another child.
- A single child accommodated in their own suite will attract the full adult rate.
- Family Suites: These suites are suitable for families with young children.
- If no family accommodation is available, an additional guest (10-16 years) can be accommodated in a triple on request. An additional room needs to be booked and a minimum charge of 3 adults will apply.
- In the interest of safety, participation of children in game activities is at the discretion of the guide.
A single supplement will apply if 3 or more single rooms are booked in a reservation. A supplement of 25% of the adult rate will be added from the 3rd single room onwards.
Arrivals & departures for guests travelling during festive season; no arrivals and departures on Christmas Day or New Year's Day at Singita Lodges
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards.
Check-in / out Times
- Check-in time: 13h00
- Check-out time: 11h00
Encountering Africa’s magnificent wildlife is a truly life-changing experience, no matter what one’s age, and time spent at Singita Boulders Lodge makes for an unforgettable family holiday. Filled with discovery and shared connections within nature, it’s an ideal opportunity to open children’s eyes to the wonders of an untouched wilderness.
All activities at the lodge are tailored to specifically suit the interests of each family. In the interest of safety, children may participate in game drives and bush walks at the discretion of dedicated Field Guides. The lodge also offers childminding services, as well as an array of activities to keep little ones engaged and entertained.
Our exciting Mini Rangers Course is a customised, fun-filled programme that opens up a whole new world to young explorers. It includes learning how to track animals; astronomy; bush survival techniques; game-, tree- and bird-spotting competitions as well as nature quizzes. Children aged 10 years and older are welcome at Singita Boulders Lodge.
More children’s activities offered:
- Cooking interactions
- Board games
- Bush walks (minimum age 16)
- Activity booklets with a variety of games, quizzes and games
- Arts & crafts
For booking enquiries, please reach out to our reservations team in Cape Town, South Africa.
To ensure your comfort you may want to tailor your clothing choices to the time of year:
October – April:
The weather is warm during the day and cooler in the morning and evenings. We recommend casual summer clothes (shorts and cool shirts) and a warm jersey/sweater for the cooler times of day.
May – September:
This is fall and winter and the temperature will be mild during the day, but colder in the mornings and evenings. We recommend casual light clothing and a very warm parka/jacket for the extremely cold mornings and nights.
Best Time to go on Safari
Southern Africa is a year-round destination. Traditionally the dry winter months (April to October) are best for game viewing, due to the shorter grass, lack of foliage and the absence of water which forces the game to concentrate around the remaining sources of drinking water.
Annual rainfall, usually in the form of short afternoon thunder showers that clear up within an hour, occur from December to March. Many species give birth to their young around the start of the rains, so the bush is alive with newborn animals.
Please note: Our agreement with South African National Parks (SANParks) stipulates that during high rainfall periods, we are required to close dirt roads in our private concession to avoid damage and for safety reasons. At such times, we will make every effort to offer guests exceptional game-viewing experiences on accessible roads in the Park.
What to Bring
*Our airline partners require that you travel with soft-sided luggage. (Max checked luggage 20kg (44lbs); hand luggage 5kg (11lbs).
We recommend packing the following:
- Cotton clothing in neutral colours is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colours for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required at any of our lodges.
- Comfortable walking shoes/track shoes/hiking boots for walks and sandals to wear around the lodge.
- Swimming costume/bathing suits, sun block, sun hat, sunglasses, lip balm, mosquito repellent (lip balm and mosquito repellent is provided for all our guests, but you are welcome to bring along your favourite brand).
- Camera and video camera, binoculars, spare memory cards and charging equipment.
- The use of unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) is strictly prohibited at Singita.
- Please note that in the event of rain during a game drive, waterproof ponchos will be provided for guests' comfort.
- All of our lodges are located in remote areas and therefore guests should remember to bring an extra pair of correction glasses, contact lens solution and an extra set of contact lenses (if required) as well as a sufficient supply of any prescription medication.
- Malaria: All of Singita’s properties are situated in malaria-risk areas. It is therefore essential that guests consult their medical practitioners regarding anti-malaria requirements prior to travel.
PLEASE NOTE: Requirements change from time to time. Although we endeavour to stay updated, Singita cannot be held liable for any incorrect or outdated information and we strongly advise guests to always consult their GP and/or travel clinic regarding the latest requirements prior to departure.
All travellers require a passport valid for 6 months after arrival as well as at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel.
- We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters for your trip.
- All flights land at Singita’s airstrip located 10 minutes from the lodge.
- On scheduled flights, the weight of luggage is restricted to 15kg (33lb) for checked baggage and 5kg (11lb) for hand luggage. Only soft-sided luggage is permitted.
- Johannesburg to Singita Sabi Sand: approximately 1 hour.
- Nelspruit to Singita Sabi Sand: approximately 30 minutes.
- Private aircraft pilots land at their own risk and are advised to broadcast their intentions on frequency 124,8 MHz. Please contact us for further information and to arrange landing.
- From Johannesburg: approximately 6.5 hours’ drive (+/- 500km).