The Singita Community Culinary School is a unique program that serves to fulfill a real need in the community, as well as for the South African hospitality industry as a whole. Graduates of this school emerge with highly sought-after skills and strong employment prospects, while kitchens at Singita lodges and those further afield benefit from a pool of expertly-trained young chefs. The School is a significant step towards achieving Singita’s long-term, broad community development goal, which is to assist the people that live in and around the reserves to thrive, both economically and socially.
The school’s demonstration studio offers a unique experience for guests to participate in a cooking class led by an expertly trained chef, whilst supporting this important community development project at the same time. Whether it is mastering a particular dish enjoyed from the day’s menu, learning a traditional South African recipe or helping to prepare an element of the lodge’s signature tapas-style lunch, time spent in the demonstration kitchen is a wonderfully enriching experience.
- The school now has a brand new, state-of-the-art demonstration studio located at Singita Lebombo Lodge (and nearby to Singita Sweni Lodge) where guests can take part in a pre-arranged cooking class.
- A professional, qualified chef leads the cooking class.
- Guests may choose to cook a popular, traditional South African dish on offer or a trademark dish from chef Liam Tomlin’s tapas menu.
- Classes should be booked at least 24hours in advance to allow the chefs enough time to prepare.
- Classes may be scheduled 7 days a week, subject to availability.
- Bookings may be made through email@example.com or booked on-site at Singita Lebombo and Sweni Lodges.
ZAR 650* donation per person, per class
*All funds raised are used to support the ongoing work of the Singita Community Culinary School.