Anti-poaching Canine Unit Sabi Sand at Ebony Villa
Visit the Sabi Sand canine unit for
an interactive session
. Meet with a senior handler and
learn about the anti-poaching work being done . Participate in an actual tracking exercise with a dog and handler . Contribute to the success of this anti-poaching unit and greater conservation work in the region.
- Guests can visit the canine unit base in the Sabi Sand and meet with one of the senior dog handlers.
- The dogs are highly trained and able to perform multiple functions, from pursuing intruders to sniffing out rhino horn and ammunition from vehicles and bags.
- Watch as the dogs use their skills to track through the bush as part of routine exercises in the Sabi Sand.
- Be part of this important conservation initiative: the dogs are deeply valued, professional assets supporting the anti-poaching efforts in this region.
- The experience is available 7 days a week.
- Enquire for times and details.
- This experience is always subject to live operations and training schedules and may change at any time.
- Visits should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
ZAR 2,500* donation
All funds raised are used to support the ongoing work of the canine unit