Accommodation & Amenities
Set within 45,000 acres of private reserve, Singita Castleton consists of a main house, with communal living spaces, and accommodation located in six individual cottages within the grounds, catering for up to 12 people.
- There is a swimming pool on the front lawn overlooking the Castleton dam and the open grassland.
- There is a private fitness centre available.
- Private tennis court with tennis pavilion.
- Trampoline for children (and adults) to have fun.
- A spa treatment room and in room treatments are available for guests.
- Television with full satellite/cable with DVD player in the main house.
- Private boma with uninterrupted view of the watering hole.
- Private Land Rover with experienced field guide and tracker.
- Private staff of house manager, chef, housekeeper, guide and tracker.
- Our Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique is nearby.
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal.
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite.
- Children of all ages are welcome. There are babysitting services available (to be booked in advance) and tailor-made activities to suit each family.
- For the interest of safety, children's participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
- Kosher and Halaal is available at Singita Castleton at an additional charge – please book in advance.
Tour our Guest Suites
6 Doubles/Twins; Maximum 12 guests
ZAR 350 500 per lodge per night (9-12 guests)
ZAR 157 500 day-use rate
ZAR 323 150 per lodge per night (9-12 guests)
ZAR 145 100 day-use rate
ZAR 296 700 per lodge per night (9-12 guests)
ZAR 133 200 day-use rate
- quoted in South African Rand (ZAR / R),
- inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 15%, and subject to change.
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Private Guide, house manager, chef and house staff
- Private game drives in open game-viewing vehicles (one vehicle for up to 8 guests, two vehicles for 9-12 guests), walking safaris (accompanied by experienced guides and trackers)
- Yoga, tennis & bocca
- If a private massage therapist is booked during stay, the daily rate includes a maximum of 5x1-hour massages
- Return road transfers between the Singita airstrip and the lodge
- Laundry service
- WiFi access where applicable
* Please note that guests wishing to check in before 14h00 and/or check out after 11h00 are required to book an additional night at the day-use rate.
- Tourism Levy and Conservation Contribution
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Massage treatments
- Any additional activities not mentioned above
- Transport to and from the reserve.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Singita Castleton.
- In the interest of safety, the participation of children in game activities is at the discretion of the guide.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards.
Check-in / out Times
Check-in time: 14h00
Check-out time: 11h00
Please note that guests wishing to check in before 14h00 and/or check out after 11h00 are required to book an additional night at the day-use rate.
Encountering Africa’s magnificent wildlife is a truly life-changing experience, no matter what one’s age, and time spent at Singita Castleton makes for an unforgettable family holiday. Filled with discovery and shared connections within nature, it’s an ideal opportunity to open children’s eyes to the wonders of an untouched wilderness.
All activities at the villa are tailored to specifically suit the interests of each family. In the interest of safety, children may participate in game drives and bush walks at the discretion of dedicated Field Guides. The villa also offers childminding services, as well as an array of activities to keep little ones engaged and entertained.
Our exciting Mini Rangers Course is a customised, fun-filled programme that opens up a whole new world to young explorers. It includes learning how to track animals; astronomy; bush survival techniques; game-, tree- and bird-spotting competitions as well as nature quizzes.
Children of all ages are welcome at Singita Castleton.
More children’s activities offered:
- Cooking interactions
- Board games
- Bush walks (minimum age 16)
- Activity booklets with a variety of games, quizzes and games
- Arts & crafts
Fly direct to Singita Sabi Sand in half the time with a daily jet service operated by Federal Airlines. Enjoy a seamless travel experience from the moment you step off your commercial flight at OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, with fast-tracked passport processing and private transfers to the Federal Airlines private departure lounge.
- Two aircrafts have been selected for this service offering immaculate interiors and ultimate comfort:
- A 9-seater Cessna Citation Excel
- A 4-seater Cessna Citation Mustang
- The jet service decreases the flying time from OR Tambo International Airport to Singita Sabi Sand from an hour to just over half an hour with no stops en route.
- Singita guests are met airside after disembarking their commercial flight in Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport.
- If arriving on an international flight, guests will be fast-tracked through passport control using the crew/diplomat avenues.
- Transfers are in a luxury vehicle to the Federal Airlines lounge.
- Daily departures:
- Johannesburg to Singita Sabi Sand: 11:30
- Singita Sabi Sand to Johannesburg: 14:30
- A team of highly qualified captains and co-pilots will ensure that every aspect of the journey is safe and the perfect start to a Singita safari.
- If visiting Singita Lebombo or Sweni Lodge, a 20min hop in a Cessna Caravan to Singita Kruger National Park is available at an additional charge.
Please phone our Sabi Sand reception and you will be redirected to the lodge or camp you wish to contact.
Tel: +27 (0)13 735 9800
For booking enquiries, please reach out to our reservations team in cape Town, South Africa.
- Tel: +27 (0)21 683 3424
- Direct Guests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agents: email@example.com
To ensure your comfort you may want to tailor your clothing choices to the time of year:
October – April:
The weather is warm during the day and cooler in the morning and evenings. We recommend casual summer clothes (shorts and cool shirts) and a warm jersey/sweater for the cooler times of day.
May – September:
This is fall and winter and the temperature will be mild during the day, but colder in the mornings and evenings. We recommend casual light clothing and a very warm parka/jacket for the extremely cold mornings and nights.
Best Time to go on Safari
Southern Africa is a year-round destination. Traditionally the dry winter months (April to October) are best for game viewing, due to the shorter grass, lack of foliage and the absence of water which forces the game to concentrate around the remaining sources of drinking water.
Annual rainfall, usually in the form of short afternoon thunder showers that clear up within an hour, occur from December to March. Many species give birth to their young around the start of the rains, so the bush is alive with newborn animals.
What to Bring
Your safari bag, packed properly, will ensure that you have everything you need for the ultimate African bush experience. Cotton clothing in neutral colours is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colours for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required at any of our lodges.
We recommend packing the following:
- Comfortable walking shoes/track shoes/hiking boots for walks and sandals to wear around the lodge.
- Swimming costume/bathing suits, sun block, sun hat, sunglasses, lip balm, mosquito repellent (lip balm and mosquito repellent is provided for all our guests, but you are welcome to bring along your favourite brand).
- Camera and video camera, binoculars, spare memory cards and charging equipment.
- The use of unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) is strictly prohibited at Singita.
- Please note that in the event of rain during a game drive, waterproof ponchos will be provided for guests' comfort.
- All of our lodges are located in remote areas and therefore guests should remember to bring an extra pair of correction glasses, contact lens solution and an extra set of contact lenses (if required) as well as a sufficient supply of any prescription medication.
- Malaria: All of Singita’s properties are situated in malaria-risk areas. It is therefore essential that guests consult their medical practitioners regarding anti-malaria requirements prior to travel.
- COVID-19: Your health is our top priority and Singita’s well-informed measures address all concerns travellers may have surrounding COVID-19. In line with the latest recommendations from leading authorities like the World Health Organization, our protocols ensure safe environments and experiences throughout your stay. Please check the latest travel advisory to ensure that you are prepared for all special COVID-19 travel requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Requirements change from time to time. Although we endeavour to stay updated, Singita cannot be held liable for any incorrect or outdated information and we strongly advise guests to always consult their GP and/or travel clinic regarding the latest requirements prior to departure.
All travellers require a passport valid for 6 months after arrival as well as at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel.
- We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters for your trip.
- All flights land at Singita’s airstrip located 10 minutes from the lodge.
- On scheduled flights, the weight of luggage is restricted to 20kg (44lb) for checked baggage and 5kg (11lb) for hand luggage. Only soft-sided luggage is permitted.
- Johannesburg to Singita Sabi Sand: approximately 1 hour.
- Nelspruit to Singita Sabi Sand: approximately 30 minutes.
- Private aircraft pilots land at their own risk and are advised to broadcast their intentions on frequency 124,8 MHz.
- Runway: 01/19
- Latitude: 24° 48” 18’ S
- Longitude: 31° 25” 34’ E
- Elevation: 1250ft
- Width: 20m
- Length: 1 400m
- Surface: Soft tar
- From Johannesburg: approximately 6.5 hours’ drive (+/- 500km).
- From Hazyview: approximately 1.75 hours’ drive (+/- 150km).