Singita is a conservation brand that has been preserving African wilderness for the past 25 years, offering guests an exceptional safari experience with 15 luxury, award winning lodges and camps across six regions in Africa.
In partnership with non profit funds and trusts who implement strategic conservation projects in each region, Singita is preserving and protecting pristine land and wildlife populations, and helping to create economic independence within local communities surrounding the reserves.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
The function of the sommelier involves multifaceted aspects of wine service, stock and control. A Singita Sommelier is responsible for providing consistent, bespoke guest wine experience with careful thought and planning . The role requires a committed approach to maintain good relations with different stakeholders including management and Singita staff. Singita Sommeliers should work effectively in a timely manner with attention to detail a strong requirement.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Cape Wine Diploma sommelier qualification. Basic international wine course, WSET level 3.
- Good computer literacy. Proficient in MS Office, MS Projects is advantageous. Strength in Excel in particular.
- Good email etiquette
- Experience in hospitality / guest interactions and service.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills , particularly in building and maintaining sound working relationships.
- Strong sales skills.
- Sound wine knowledge.
- Physically able to transfer wine & stamina.
- Organised and excellent admin skills.
- A developmental approach to staff
- Excellent personal presentation.
- Valid Drivers Licence.
- Be in possession of a valid South African work permit.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Wine service during meals relating to offering bespoke guest wine experiences at Singita lodges.
- Recommending specific wines according to menu and guest stylistic preference.
- Hosting wine tastings, imparting passion for wine.
- Hosting multiple repeat guests with ease and adaptable nature.
- Cellar stock and control proper checks and balances.
- Continuous communication, reporting and diplomacy required in reporting to lodge GMs, property and Senior Sommelier.
- Emphasis on quality report writing with attention to detail as an observer, while able to implement.
- Control over bulk wine facilities.
- Physical transfer of wine and replenishment of lodge cellars.
- Sales, invoicing, stock & other relevant administration.
- Training and development of staff at various lodges.
OUR CORE VALUES
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to hrsss@Singita.com or complete the application on our website www.singita.com/about/careers