An award-winning safari company with 12 lodges and camps across five regions of Africa, Singita works actively to protect and maintain land and its wildlife in its original state, to minimize the impacts of human intrusion. It assists the people who live on the outskirts of its reserves in South Africa, Tanzania and Zimbabwe, to understand the intrinsic value of these pristine areas and experience the benefits of preserving the land. Singita’s vision is to share a unique part of the world while respecting the natural environment via successful conservation practices across a million acres of land on the African continent.
The Sommelier position is based in the Singita Premier Wine Direct and involves all aspects of the wine service, stock and control within the lodges. The person filling this role needs to have a passion for wine and a solid basic knowledge of wine.
Skills & Experience
- Wine Diploma – sommelier qualification
- Basic international wine course, WSET level 2/3
- Computer literate. Excel, word documents, emails,
- Experience in hospitality / guest interactions and service
- Valid SA drivers license
- Strong leadership ability & management skills
- Strong sales skills
- Sound wine knowledge
- Physically able to transfer wine
- Stamina and the ability to work long hours where needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and excellent admin skills
- A developmental approach to staff
- Solid computer skills
- Excellent personal presentation
- Team player
- Attention to detail Strong leadership ability & management skills
- Strong sales skills
In broad terms the Day Receptionist carries out the following functions:
- Accurate preparation of day sheets and management of day sheet updates.
- Effective communication and administration of reception systems.
- Daily administration of Apex system and banking.
- Management and follow up of fault reporting.
- Allocation of permits to the relevant guests and staff as required.
- Administration of the staff bar – ME Julies.
- Accurate completion of ranger documentation.
- Updating the KNP flight register.
- Night Audit
- Management of community tour bookings (SSS).
- Achieving service excellence though Teamwork.
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
- Business Sense
- Attention to Detail
- Team Player
- Commitment to Quality
- Quick Decisions
- Development of staff
- Handle Criticism
Work style and approach:
- Curious and passionate about our industry,
- A collaborative working style
- Has a flexible approach
- Has a sophisticated approach to communicating via the various channels
- A quick learner
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com or fill in the application on our website!