WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
The Singita Reservations team aims to provide a professional service in enhancing the guest experience and maximising revenue flow whilst providing expert travel advice.
What you will need
- Luxury retail travel industry experience or luxury lodge/hotel experience.
- A natural ability to deal with people combined with a strong client focus.
- Ability to be extremely resourceful.
- Meticulous and very detail orientated.
- Exposure to selling experiences as opposed to itineraries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound geographical knowledge of Africa.
- MS Office proficiency essential; other systems an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently as well as part of a team.
- Singita Reservations Consultants are naturally intuitive individuals who champion and share creative ideas in order to deliver an exceptional experience to their Travel Advisor clients.
*Please note that this role has the potential for growth within our dynamic team.
The overall goal of the Reservations Team
- Provide a professional service to Travel Advisors all over the world who make contact with Singita.
- Enhance the Singita guest and Travel Advisor experience by providing knowledgeable, expert travel advice and support.
- Optimise the business opportunity provided by the Travel Advisor and introduce them to other experience’s that are aligned with Singita’s brand promise.
- Encourage clients to adopt travel itineraries that include more than one Singita lodge experience.
- Assist the company in maximising revenue flows to support our conservation and community initiatives.
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
Who you are
- Thrive under pressure
- A relationship builder by nature
- Open-minded and intuitive
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Confident to make considered decisions and stand by them
- Curious and passionate about our industry, constantly seeking out new trends and ideas on how to enhance our guests’ experience
- Sophisticated with a keen eye for detail
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, thought processes, systems and product
- A quick learner
- Committed to conservation
What you will do
- The Consultant’s daily role is to build relationships and craft experiences.
- Become a master at using multiple systems required, such as Springer Miller, WETU, Travelogic and LeanKit.
- Participate in all product training (including site inspections).
- Self-educate on relevant experiences that Travel Advisors may enquire about, e.g. markets, restaurants, flight connections and third-party products in Southern and East Africa.
- Administrative work required to create and finalize a booking which may include individually tailored itineraries using third-party properties that are aligned with the Singita experience.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org