WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
The main purpose of the Head Chef is to manage our five star kitchen and to create a profound food experience, in line with the service vision and creative concepts of our lodge.
What you will need
- A recognised Chef Diploma in cooking and baking.
- A minimum of 5 year’s work experience – ideally 3 of which have been in a well-recognised five star hotel or world class lodge, as a senior Sous Chef.
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge and a clear knowledge of detailed stocktaking.
- Financial management ability.
- A valid drivers licence with at least 3 years driving experience.
- Good computer literacy.
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
Who you are
- Hard working and co-operative
- High standards of service excellence and a passion for the industry
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality control of all items produced in the kitchen
- Admirable communication skills
- Excellent management ability and communication skills
- Clear understanding of basic labour law and disciplinary procedures
- Developmental approach to staff
- Assertive, patient and good organisational skills
- Aware of developments within the food and lodge industries, as well as international trends in hospitality
- Passionate about conservation
What you will do
- Supervision of kitchen staff and food preparation, in line with the Singita standard.
- Effective stock controlling and administration of orders to minimise shortages and wastage.
- Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen is of the highest standard.
- Effective guest interaction to enhance guest satisfaction.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to MaryM@grumeti.singita.com