Singita is a conservation brand that has been preserving African wilderness for the past 25 years, offering guests an exceptional safari experience with 15 luxury, award winning lodges and camps across six regions in Africa.
In partnership with non profit funds and trusts who implement strategic conservation projects in each region, Singita is preserving and protecting pristine land and wildlife populations, and helping to create economic independence within local communities surrounding the reserves.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Oversight of all aspects of Singita Volcanoes National Park (SVNP), Rwanda.
Continuously looking at improving the guest and staff experience and ensuring that SVNP runs in a cost effective manner, within the agreed budgets.
Accountability for quality and task execution.
Couple applications shall be considered, however only one vacancy exists for the position of GM. An alternative role/s will be explored in the event of a suitable couple application.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Solid experience in the high end luxury hospitality market
- Currently hold a senior, leadership position
- Exceptional Food and Beverage and Rooms Division knowledge. Intimate understanding of operational procedures (e.g. housekeeping, maintenance)
- Sound financial acumen
- Flexibility, resilience and a co operative and motivating manner
- Experience in working with diverse cultures, preferably on the African continent
- Demonstrated commitment to integrity, quality, excellent customer service and uncompromising ethical standards
- Excellent management ability and communication skills
- A clear understanding of labour law and disciplinary principles
- A developmental approach to staff and succession planning
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drive the broader goals of the company, in terms of the property, by planning and implementing Strategic Management Plans
- Ensure ultimate guest relations in the lodges and that the personal attention levels are maintained
- Management and training of the staff in line with the Singita Standards of Excellence & SOP’s
- Maintain the highest standards of operations and ensure that style and décor is not eroded
- Effective financial management and direct annual property budgeting process and control of costs thereafter
- Coordination of annual property capital projects
- Effective human resources practices
- Active participation in the property’s community development programmes
- Oversight and coordination of the property’s Risk Management
- Represent the property externally and manage relationships with neighbours
- Effective communication of Singita’s Conservation message.
OUR CORE VALUES
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com or complete the application on our website www.singita.com/about/careers