Please remember that you need at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel.
What to Bring
Your safari suitcase, packed properly, will ensure that you have everything you need for the ultimate African bush experience. Cotton clothing in neutral colours is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colours for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required at any of our lodges.
We recommend packing the following:
- Comfortable walking shoes/track shoes/hiking boots for walks; and sandals to wear around the lodge.
- Swimming costume/bathing suits, sun block, sun hat, sunglasses, lip balm, mosquito repellent (Lip balm and mosquito repellent is provided for all our guests, but you are welcome to bring along your favourite brand).
- Camera and video camera, binoculars, spare memory cards and charging equipment.
- Please note that in the event of rain during a game drive, waterproof ponchos will be provided for guests’ comfort.
- All of our lodges are located in remote areas and therefore guests should remember to bring an extra pair of correction glasses (if required), contact lens solution and an extra set of contact lenses(if required) as well as a sufficient supply of any prescription medication.
- There is a swimming pool on the front lawn overlooking the Castleton dam and the open grassland
- There is a private fitness centre available
- Private tennis court with tennis & yoga pavilion
- A Bocce court
- Private wine cellar stocked with premium and exclusive South African wines
- Trampoline for children (and adults) to have fun
- Wellness treatment rooms and in room treatments are available for guests
- Television with full satellite/cable with DVD player in the main house
- Private boma with uninterrupted view of the watering hole
- Private Land Rover with experienced field guide and tracker
- Private staff of house manager, chef, housekeeper, guide and tracker
- Our Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique is nearby
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite
- Children of all ages are welcome. There are babysitting services available (to be booked in advance) and tailor-made activities to suit each family. For the interest of safety, childrens’ participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide
- Kosher and Halaal is available at Singita Castleton at an additional charge – please book in advance.