WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
The Singita Travel team aims to provide a professional service to guests who make direct contact with Singita; enhancing the guest experience and maximising revenue flow whilst providing expert travel advice. The Travel Coordinator makes travel arrangements for guests by liaising between the Travel Planner and suppliers. They need to be naturally intuitive individuals who champion and share creative ideas in order to deliver at a very high level.
What you will need
- Luxury retail travel industry experience or luxury lodge/hotel experience
- A natural ability to deal with people combined with a strong client focus
- Ability to be extremely resourceful and a fantastic problem solver
- Strong attention to detail
- Exposure to selling experiences as opposed to itineraries
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A sound geographical knowledge of Africa
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office suite proficiency essential; other systems an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure, independently as well as part of a team
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
Who you are
- Thrive under pressure
- A relationship builder by nature
- Open-minded and intuitive
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Confident to make considered decisions and stand by them
- Curious and passionate about our industry, constantly seeking out new trends and ideas on how to enhance our guests experience
- Sophisticated with a keen eye for detail
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, thought processes, systems and product
- A quick learner
- Committed to conservation
What you will do
- Become a master at using multiple systems required, such as Springer Miller, WETU, Travelogic and LeanKit.
- Participate in all Singita Travel product training (including site inspections).
- Self-educate on Cape Town experiences, e.g. markets, restaurants, flight connections.
- Research all Singita Travel 3rd party products in southern and eastern Africa.
- Research potential new third party product and present to Product team.
- Administrative work required to create and finalize a booking.
- The consultant’s daily role is to build relationships and craft experiences (i.e. make travel arrangements) on behalf of Travel Planners.
- The purpose of the role is to offer comprehensive travel advice and to create individually tailored itineraries using third party properties that are aligned with the Singita guest experience.
- Assist the ST Travel Planner and the lodges to provide an extraordinary and positive experience for the guests.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the application on our website!