Singita is a conservation brand that has been preserving African wilderness for the past 25 years, offering guests an exceptional safari experience with 15 luxury, award-winning lodges and camps across six regions in Africa.
In partnership with non-profit funds and trusts who implement strategic conservation projects in each region, Singita is preserving and protecting pristine land and wildlife populations, and helping to create economic independence within local communities surrounding the reserves.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Singita Tailored Consultants are naturally intuitive individuals whom champion and share creative ideas in order to deliver an exceptional experience to their Travel Advisor clients. They assist the Company in maximising revenue flows to support our conservation and community initiatives.
Overall goal of the Tailored team:
- Provide a professional service to Travel Advisors all over the world who make direct contact with Singita.
- Enhance the Singita guest and Travel Advisor experience by providing knowledgeable, expert travel advice and support.
- Optimise the business opportunity provided by the Travel Advisors making direct bookings with Singita.
- Encourages clients to adopt travel itineraries which include more than one Singita lodge experience.
- Capitalise on guests’ planned visits to Singita lodges and introduce them to other experiences that are aligned with Singita’s brand promise.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Luxury retail travel industry experience or luxury lodge/hotel experience.
- Exposure to selling experiences as opposed to itineraries.
- A sound geographical knowledge of Africa.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Office proficiency essential and knowledge of other systems would be advantageous.
- Thrive under pressure.
- Open minded and intuitive.
- Highly self motivated and self directed.
- Ability to confidently make decisions and stand by them.
- Curious and passionate about the industry, constantly seeking new trends.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Committed to conservation.
OUR CORE VALUES
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Become a master at using the required systems i.e. Travel Logic, Springer Miller & WETU.
3rd PARTY PRODUCT EXPOSURE AND TRAINING:
- Participate in all Singita Travel product training (including site inspections).
- Self educate on Cape Town experiences, for example, markets; restaurants; flight connections.
- Research all Singita Travel 3 rd party products (Southern & East Africa).
- Research potential new 3 rd party product and present to S/Travel and S/Tailored teams.
TO OFFER A SEAMLESS AND EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- The Singita Tailored Consultant represents the ‘best of the best’ in terms of knowledge and service in the travel industry.
- The Consultants daily role is to build relationships and craft experiences (i.e. make travel arrangements) on behalf of travel advisors wishing to book directly with the Company.
- Offer comprehensive travel advice and to create individually tailored itineraries within Southern and/or East Africa using 3 rd party properties that are aligned with Singita’s brand promise.
- All itineraries must include one or more of the Singita lodges.
- Travel Advisors are those trade clients who have been referred to the consultants by the sales team.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to Louisa.C@Singita.com or complete the application on our website www.singita.com/about/careers