WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving revenue growth by proactively finding ways to increase sales. Maintain and grow relationships with existing and new clients.
What you will need
- Be based in the western United States (must be a holder of US Citizenship or in possession of a valid green card).
- Ability to travel frequently inside the USA, Canada and, on occasion, to Africa.
- At least 5 years of luxury travel industry experience.
- Advantageous, luxury travel experience in Africa.
- A hunger for positive sales outcomes and motivated by achieving targets.
- A natural ability to deal with people combined with a strong client focus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with an advanced command of the English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure , independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to complete tasks timeously and accurately.
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
- Professional and respected within the travel industry.
- Naturally outgoing and sociable personality.
- Able to work autonomously but also enjoys working within a wider team while forming meaningful professional relationships in and out of his/her organisation.
- Highly self motivated and self directed.
- Confident to make considered decisions and take accountability for them.
- Curious and passionate about the travel industry, constantly seeking out new trends and ideas on how to enhance our guest and client experience.
- Able to have a flexible approach to work.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to manage laterally as well as upwards across different time zones.
- Committed to conservation, community and sustainability.
What you will do
- Achieve revenue growth and meet monthly and annual sales targets.
- Designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that ensures Singita’s continued and improved presence amongst Singita’s valued trade partners.
- Setting individual sales targets with the US Sales team and GM: Sales.
- Finding solutions to sales challenges by proactively finding ways to increase sales, particularly in lower sales periods.
- Tracking against sales goals and reporting results as necessary.
- Coordinating with the wider sales team in the US as well as in Cape Town’s Management Company on sales initiatives to help meet targets.
- Identifying market shifts and trends while being fully aware of competitor activity.
- In conjunction with the GM: Sales and the Sales team in the USA, the Sales manager will assume responsibility for ensuring that our traditional Africa wholesalers and retail trade partners, located in the Western United States and Canadian markets are equipped with an in depth knowledge of all Singita’s properties and all elements making up Singita’s award winning guest experience.
- Facilitate site inspection visits and hosted educationals to Singita properties.
- Regular face to face meetings (i.e. grow and continue to strengthen the relationship with Singita).
- Maintain the information on these clients in Singita’s CRM system.
- Co ordinate and arrange client/guest functions in the USA and Canada as and when required.
- Assist with the coordination of Singita CT staff’s client appointment scheduled in the USA from time to time.
- Hold accommodation space on Singita’s central reservations system for clients in order to secure it when needed.
- Engage with clients within all channels of business retailers and direct guests.
- Manage stock and shipping of gifts.
- USA office budget; reconcile and report on expenditure monthly.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to Louisa.C@singita.com or complete the application on our website.
*The role is based in the US and the successful candidate would a US citizen or have a valid green card