WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
To implement revenue management strategies and processes in order to optimize and maximize revenues.
This would include:
- Identifying new revenue opportunities.
- Tracking competitor rates via web and other portals.
- Forecasting taking holiday seasons, public holidays etc. into consideration.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Optimize and expand distribution partnerships.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with levels of staff.
- Embed a revenue management culture.
What you will need
- 2 – 4 years of hands on Hotel Revenue Management experience
- A strong command of both written and spoken English is required. Additional spoken languages would be an asset.
- Highly computer literate with a high level of command of Excel.
- Knowledge of hotel technology: Property Management System/s; Channel Manager; GDS; CRS; Extranets.
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
- Business Development DNA and to be commercially minded.
- Strong sense of need for achievement of goals and success.
- Sound ability and knowledge to develop standards of operations and strategic processes.
- Good analytical and numeric skills for fast data crunching.
- Ability to work under own initiative in a highly pressured environment.
- Good listening skills and the ability to anticipate business needs.
- Able to develop relationships with 3rd parties and teams.
- Capacity to read situation, understand environments and respond accordingly.
- Capable of prioritizing between revenue generating actions and time consuming tasks with low yield impact.
- Ability to work across all levels and functions under own initiative in a highly pressured environment.
- Well developed interpersonal, adaptive influencing and supervisory management skills.
- Mentality of client service and taking responsibility beyond direct duties.
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
What you will do
- Oversee revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotel and manage day to day yield operations.
- Daily pick up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
- Create and maintain a 13 month rolling demand calendar.
- Participate in developing pricing strategies.
- Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
- Manage and oversee strategy for all 3rd party distribution.
- Responsible for assessing, analysing and pricing group business strategies.
- Analyze overall monthly performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity.
- Oversee and audit the standards and operations of the reservations department.
- Ensure web site booking process is continually developed.
- Ensure teams are fully competent in the use of all systems.
- Work in liaison with sales and reservations departments as a team.
- Regularly check the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc…) points.
- Conduct quarterly property performance review and develop strategic and tactical action.
- Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis; environmental scanning; market modelling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts.
- Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, corporate, consortia, crew, groups, etc…).
- Reduce the cost of distribution by finding new less expensive means of delivering business.
- Prepare outline for and support the annual revenue budget process.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to Louisa.C@singita.com