WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
A Field Guide is fully responsible for conducting guided safari experiences at Singita that are unique, personalized, professional and enjoyable.
The main purpose of the Field Guide is to ensure that an all encompassing wildlife experience is offered to every guest with the focus on catering to the specific needs of each individual guest.
The guiding service should be delivered with an uncompromising sensitivity towards the environment.
Field Guides are encouraged to engage in an ongoing process of self improvement and knowledge enhancement, as well in the continuous education of the Tracker.
Game drive vehicles are to be well maintained and cared for at all times, in line with the required Singita Standards.
Finally, the Field Guide ensures that there is effective communication with lodge management in terms of all guest and guiding requirements.
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s
- Able to develop interpersonal relationships
- Highly self motivated and self directed
- Naturally intuitive
- Passionate about sustainability
- Confident and command of the English language
- Works comfortably under pressure
- Is comfortable with change
Work style and approach
- Curious and passionate about wildlife and the tourism industry
- A collaborative working style
- Has a flexible approach
- Has a sophisticated approach to communicating via the various channels
- A quick learner
What you will need
- A requirement is to be of Zimbabwe nationality.
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience as a full licensed guide.
- Own rifle required.
- Valid Guides License.
- Advanced First Aid Certificate.
- Zimbabwe Class 2 drivers license.
- Defensive, medical and launch masters certificate.
- Ensures the highest quality of game experience for the guests.
- Hosts guests in line with the Singita Standard of Excellence.
- Shows an exceptional appreciation and sensitivity to the environment at all times.
- Ensures that guest and staff safety is always a priority.
- Communicates with Front of House staff to ensure the best possible experience for guests.
- Conscientious maintenance and care of vehicles and related equipment.
- Carries out administration duties timeously and effectively.
- Undertakes a process of continuous education of self and other members of staff.
- Achieves service excellence though Teamwork.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the application on our website.