Singita is a conservation brand that has been preserving African wilderness for the past 25 years, offering guests an exceptional safari experience with 15 luxury, award winning lodges and camps across six regions in Africa.
In partnership with non profit funds and trusts who implement strategic conservation projects in each region, Singita is preserving and protecting pristine land and wildlife populations, and helping to create economic independence within local communities surrounding the reserves.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Ndzalama was established in January 2017 at Singita Kruger National Park, in order to provide employees with children an opportunity to have access to a nearby school; where their children could interact, play and learn. The school is currently geared for children aged 1 to 8 years, of which we have 8 children. Its purpose is to create a safe and fun space for children to develop their full cognitive, emotional, social and physical potential. We are on the lookout for an educator who is adventurous, naturally fond of young children, hardworking and passionate about children’s development. We currently follow a combination of the Love to Learn® Home Education Curriculum, and the CAPS curriculum, supported by Kiddies Academy®.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience in teaching at well-recognized pre- or primary schools (minimum of 4 year’s work experience of which 1 – 2 years can be as a trainee).
- Exceptional English speaking and writing abilities.
- Respect and natural fondness for children.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extreme patience, good listening skills, but assertive when the situation requires it.
- The capacity to learn quickly.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to inspire and enthuse young children.
- Energetic, resourceful, responsible, and caring by nature.
- An understanding of the needs and feelings of children.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Have the necessary qualifications (Bachelor of Education / PGCE / Honours, or another appropriate teaching qualification, with an accredited distance learning ECD institution, NQF4+).
- A Higher Education Diploma or a B Ed Degree would be beneficial.
- Good computer literacy.
- Code 8 Driver’s Licence.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In broad terms the Private Game Lodge Teacher is responsible for the following key result areas:
- Implementing appropriate lessons and work schemes, using Early Years Foundation Stage and CAPS as a framework (guidance and materials will be provided by Kiddies Academy).
- Be willing to take guidance and instruction from Kiddies Academy and assist with all the necessary classroom requirements, including administrative tasks.
- Ages 5+: teaching children organised lessons, appropriate for their Grade in a fun, organised and constructive manner.
- Be willing to grow with the children’s teaching needs up to Grade 4 (ages 10). Children are currently aged between 2 and 9 years.
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment that facilitates learning and growth.
- Liaising and communicating with Kiddies Academy and parents.
- Attending training and workshops as arranged by Kiddies Academy.
- Monitoring and recording progress.
- Planning and implementing (with the support of the Lodge) extracurricular activities such as sport, game drives, and outings.
- Be willing to grow with the children’s teaching needs up to Grade 7 (ages 13). Children are currently aged between 2 and 8 years.
- Be able to keep an orderly and organized learning environment, both outdoors and indoors.
- Have good social and observational skills and be a team player.
- Exercise integrity and discretion
OUR CORE VALUES
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to Adel.L@singita.com or complete the application on our website www.singita.com/about/careers