Singita is a conservation brand that has been preserving African wilderness for the past 25 years, offering guests an exceptional safari experience with 15 luxury, award-winning lodges and camps across six regions in Africa.
In partnership with non-profit funds and trusts who implement strategic conservation projects in each region, Singita is preserving and protecting pristine land and wildlife populations, and helping to create economic independence within local communities surrounding the reserves.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
The Maintenance Manager is based in the maintenance department and manages all maintenance functions of the property.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 2 years working experience in a managerial/assistant role.
- A sound geographical knowledge of Africa.
- Extensive operational knowledge in the fields of: Water Reticulation, Boreholes, Sewage Systems, Wetlands and Reed beds.
- Extensive operational knowledge of Generator Electrical Systems.
- Knowledge of NOSA safety standards, rules and regulations.
- Basic first aid knowledge.
- Driver’s license – minimum of Code 8.
- General computer knowledge (MS Word, Excel etc).
- Preferably formal education in the areas of air conditioning, plumbing, carpentry, electrics.
- Knowledge of gas facilities e.g. gas geysers, gas stoves, multi braai’s, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Negotiate with suppliers and maintain supplier relationships.
- Must be able to fault find.
- Good command of the English language – verbal & written.
- Good Management skills.
- Must be able to deal with practical problems and installations.
- Attention to detail.
- Should be willing to work flexible hours and fit into a standby roster.
- Withstand both physical and mental pressure, must have mental and physical stamina.
- Management of the maintenance department to the highest standard of excellence at the Lodges and Staff Villages.
- Control budget and manage relationships with suppliers to ensure departmental budget adhered to and all payments made timeously.
- Correct use and maintenance of equipment to ensure the highest level of productivity and safety.
- Effective communication with the general manager and lodge management in terms of all maintenance issues.
- Ensuring that the maintenance staff deliver the highest level of service to guests by overseeing the carrying out of their assigned duties effectively and efficiently.
- Monitoring of lodge facilities – Lebombo Lodge, Sweni Lodge, Health Spa, Village, and staff facilities to a fully functional level of operation and to standards required by KNP audits.
OUR CORE VALUES
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to HRSKNP@singita.com or complete the application on our website www.singita.com/about/careers