The Maintenance Manager is based in the maintenance department and manages all maintenance functions of the property.
Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years working experience in a managerial/assistant role
- Extensive operational knowledge in the fields of: Water Reticulation, Boreholes, Sewage Systems, Wetlands and Reed beds.
- Extensive operational knowledge of Generator Electrical Systems.
- Knowledge of NOSA safety standards, rules and regulations.
- Basic first aid knowledge
- Driver’s license – minimum of Code 8
- General computer knowledge (MS Word, Excel etc)
- Preferably formal education in the areas of air conditioning, plumbing, carpentry, electrics
- Knowledge of gas facilities e.g. gas geysers, gas stoves, multi braai’s, etc
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
- Operate as a team-player in a dynamic working environment
- Strong team leading skills
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- A strong service ethic
Work style and approach:
- Curious and passionate about our industry,
- A collaborative working style
- Has a flexible approach
- Has a sophisticated approach to communicating via the various channels
- A quick learner
- Management of the maintenance department to the highest standard of excellence at the Lodges and Staff Villages
- Control budget and manage relationships with suppliers to ensure departmental budget adhered to and all payments made timeously
- Correct use and maintenance of equipment to ensure the highest level of productivity and safety
- Effective communication with the general manager and lodge management in terms of all maintenance issues
- Ensuring that the maintenance staff deliver the highest level of service to guests by overseeing the carrying out of their assigned duties effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring of lodge facilities – Lebombo Lodge, Sweni Lodge, Health Spa, Village, and staff facilities to a fully functional level of operation and to standards required by KNP audits
- Negotiate with suppliers and maintain supplier relationships
- Must be able to fault find
- Good command of the English language – verbal & written
- Good Management skills
- Must be able to deal with practical problems and installations
- Attention to detail
- Should be willing to work flexible hours and fit into a standby roster
- Withstand both physical and mental pressure, must have mental and physical stamina
To apply for this role, please email your CV to HRSKNP@singita.com or fill in the application on our website!