What the role entails
The main purpose of the lodge manager is to manage the lodge and thereby create a profound guest experience, in line with the service vision and creative concepts of the Lodge. The lodge manager is responsible to the general manager for these.
It is the responsibility of the lodge manager to monitor hospitality service, maintenance, gardening and housekeeping standards within the lodge.
What you will need
- A minimum of 6 year’s work experience – ideally 2 years as a Head of Department and 4 of these in a well recognized five-star hotel or world class lodge, as a Manager.
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge
- Financial management ability
- A hardworking, co-operative manner
- High standards of service excellence and a passion for the industry
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional English and a second language would be preferable
- Good computer literacy
- Excellent management ability and communication skills
- A clear understanding of basic labour law and disciplinary procedures
- A developmental approach to staff
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills
- Understanding of housekeeping and maintenance procedures
- An awareness of developments within the food and lodge industries, as well as international trends in hospitality.
What you will do
- Drive the broader goals of the company, in terms of the lodge, by planning and implementing Strategic Management Plans
- Management and training of the lodge staff in line with the Singita Standard of Excellence
- Ensure ultimate guest relations in the lodge and that the “at home” personal attention levels are maintained
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and maintenance and ensure that style and design is not eroded
- Effective financial management through the administration of orders and effective stock control
- Effective communication and maintenance of lodge relations
- Management of the night porters
- Contribute towards the ‘green’ operations of the lodge, operating within lodge environmental parameters and constantly looking for ways to further ‘green’ lodge operations.
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
Who you are
- Thrive under pressure
- A relationship builder by nature
- Open-minded and intuitive
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Confident to make considered decisions and stand by them
- Curious and passionate about our industry, constantly seeking out new trends and ideas on how to enhance our guest’s experience
- Sophisticated with a keen eye for detail
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, thought processes, systems and product
- A quick learner
- Committed to conservation
To apply for this role, please email your CV to HRSSS@singita.com or fill in the application on our website!