Singita is a conservation brand that has been preserving African wilderness for the past 25 years, offering guests an exceptional safari experience with 15 luxury, award winning lodges and camps across six regions in Africa.
In partnership with non profit funds and trusts who implement strategic conservation projects in each region, Singita is preserving and protecting pristine land and wildlife populations, and helping to create economic independence within local communities surrounding the reserves.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
The Singita IT Manager is responsible for overseeing many different systems and platforms across the Cape Town and Johannesburg offices. In addition, the IT Manager will be involved in aspects of the Singita Mauritius office as well as the various properties under management.
It will be important for the IT Manager to build synergy and sound working relationships between the IT teams and various operational heads of department.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Proven experience in managing IT teams by providing network, infrastructure and desktop support.
- Project management experience On the job experience is good, a qualification is better.
- Understanding of Cloud platforms (Google Cloud AWS Microsoft Azure).
- Experience working with Office 365 (full suite) and Microsoft Exchange.
- Understanding and experience in network, data, system security.
- A motivator, with good people skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Forward thinking and innovative.
- Curious about trends in the IT Industry.
- Experience in the hospitality industry would beneficial, as would experience in handling remote offices/sites, where connection is limited, but crucial.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Coordination and direction of the IT enablement function including formulation and implementation of best practise (Risk controls around technology)
- Overseeing the SLA’s with support providers.
- Training and development of staff.
- Business systems support.
- Control of IT budgets.
- Project coordination.
- Driving the testing of Disaster Recovery and Planning.
OUR CORE VALUES
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to Louisa.C@singita.com or complete the application on our website www.singita.com/about/careers