OVERALL GOAL OF THE SALES TEAM
- Provide a professional, personal service to our trade partners all over the world.
- Enhance the Travel Partner experience by providing knowledgeable, expert administrative service and support.
- Collaborate with other Singita teams to provide the best possible service both internally and externally.
A Singita sales team member, in addition to enhancing guests travel experiences, assists the company in maximising revenue flows to support our conservation and community initiatives.
They are naturally intuitive individuals who champion and share creative ideas in order to deliver an exceptional service to both Singita’s trade clients and to their respective sales managers.
What the role entails
Working closely alongside and supporting the international sales team in delivering exceptional service to our worldwide travel partners.
What you will need
- Luxury retail travel industry experience or luxury lodge /hotel experience
- Experience working in sales in the Tourism industry would be advantageous
- A sound geographical knowledge of Africa
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed emotional intelligence
- Natural ability to develop interpersonal relationships
- MS Office suite proficiency essential; other systems an advantage
- Strong administrative background
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
- A mature approach to life in general.
- Passionate about detail.
- Open minded; has a broad outlook; isn’t limited by rules.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Has the confidence to make considered decisions and stand by them.
- Comfortable assuming ownership for their role in the business.
- Enjoys taking on new challenges.
- Humility is core to their personal value system.
- Naturally intuitive.
- Has a sense of humour.
- Passionate about sustainability and “giving back”.
Work style and approach:
- Curious and passionate about our industry, constantly seeking out new trends and ideas on how to enhance our guests experience.
- Sophisticated with a keen eye for quality.
- Has a collaborative working style.
- Has a flexible approach to working hours, thought processes and systems.
- Comfortable working in a 24/7 “mobile connected world” using the related technologies.
- Has the ability to understand what “luxury” means in the current world of travel and is able to shift focus as this definition evolves over time.
- Has a sophisticated approach to communicating via the various channels that we use to conduct business.
- A quick learner – particularly with regards to understanding the travel trade and our internal technology.
- Understanding the benefit of building key personal relationships with both suppliers and clients.
What you will do
- Become a master at using the required systems i.e. Travel Logic, Springer Miller, ZOHO, WETU and Microsft Office
To offer a seamless and exceptional experience to Travel Advisors around the world and to the Singita sales team
- Organisational skills are a critical element in this role as there is a large requirement to manage the administrative function for the sales team:
- Organising of sales trips for the sales team responsible for specific markets (this includes booking flights & hotels; managing trade shows; setting up appointments with clients)
- Follow up with clients post sales trips
- Trade Travel – offer a completely personalized, sophisticated and professional booking service/trip planning experience to Singita’s Travel Partners, in collaboration with the sales managers
- Reconciliation of the monthly general ledger
- Managing of invoices and expenses for the sales team
- Issuing of sales contracts and rates
- Maintaining records of auction and prizes issued
- Management of and maintaining up-to-date CRM & CRS systems with accurate and current information and rates
- Run quarterly reports
- General administration relating to the sales team
- Support to individual members of the sales team when they travel
- Support the reservations team with resolving trade related queries on bookings
- Support the lodges with any trade related queries they may have
To apply for this role, please email your CV to Louisa.C@singita.com