Singita is a conservation brand that has been preserving African wilderness for the past 25 years, offering guests an exceptional safari experience with 15 luxury, award winning lodges and camps across six regions in Africa.
In partnership with non profit funds and trusts who implement strategic conservation projects in each region, Singita is preserving and protecting pristine land and wildlife populations, and helping to create economic independence within local communities surrounding the reserves.
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
We are looking to hire an Internal Auditor with strong accounting and analytical skills. Internal Auditors are expected to be organized with problem solving skills and constantly deliver on tight deadlines. The Internal Auditor should have an aptitude for numbers, strong IT skills and excellent communication skills.
The aim of the Internal Auditor is to improve the organization’s internal control structure.
The role requires strong presentation and report writing skills
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Degree in Internal Auditing, Financial Accounting or Financial Management (essential)
- Two years of work experience in an internal audit environment
- Accreditation with the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Exceptional accounting skills
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent documentation communication and IT skills
- Ability to travel within Southern and East Africa, as required
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk.
- Implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements.
- Manage resources and audit assignments.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
- Compile and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Oversee risk based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management and/or Risk Committees.
- Overall supervision of planned annual audits.
- Regular travel within South Africa, Southern and East Africa scheduled trips and also ad hoc visits as required.
OUR CORE VALUES
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to Louisa.C@singita.com or complete the application on our website www.singita.com/about/careers