WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS
Management of the Maintenance of the Estate and the Facilities Entities of the Grumeti Reserves Ltd.
Maintenance management function including provision of quality in timely and cost effective management services and the execution of the budget ensuring that all programs are completed on time and within budget.
Responsible for all aspects of Estate and maintenance on the property and must ensure that all the equipment’s are fully operational. The department must also ensure that preventive maintenance is carried out on a continual basis and coordinated professionally.
What you will need
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in a managerial position in a related field.
- Technical Certification.
- Financial Certification.
- Business Management Certification.
- Extensive maintenance and operational knowledge of civil infrastructure and related support systems.
- Computer literate (All Microsoft Office elements. CAD an added advantage).
- Working knowledge of Building Management and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience in Hospitality Industry.
- Experience in Design of Building Services.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of Kiswahili.
- Driving Licence.
- First Aid/First Responder Knowledge.
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
Work style and approach
- Manage large numbers of staff.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Capable of communicating and working with peers and colleagues at different levels and of various backgrounds in various departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Working knowledge of power generation and distribution, water production and distribution and borehole maintenance.
- Maintenance and operational knowledge of modern HVAC systems.
- Ability to liaise and interact with Design Consultants, Engineers and Architects.
- Working Knowledge of gravel road construction and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations.
- Liaise with contractors.
- Assist procurement in liaising with materials suppliers.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to produce Project Management documents and lead Building Projects.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other managers and other staff.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, and government regulations.
What you will do
- Quality Assurance and Service Excellence.
- Management of Departments Finances.
- General Management.
- Estate Management.
- Facilities Management.
- Administration and Record.
- Inter-Departmental Communication.
- Staff Management Support, Development and Training.
- Planning, analysis and reporting.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com