Singita’s evolution from a single-lodge company to one that is now responsible for a million acres of land, operating 12 lodges and camps in five wilderness regions across three African countries, has always been characterised by a pioneering spirit and a sincere desire to preserve wilderness areas for future generations. Its low-impact, high-value tourism model – fewer guests paying a premium for the privilege of experiencing vast open spaces – exists to sustain these wilderness areas and their resident wildlife, while providing an exclusive safari experience.
The core function of the guide administrator is to provide a core service to the lodges and administering the daily operations of the guiding department.
Skills & Experience
- Valid class ‘C’ driver’s license
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Adaptability and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Driving the broader goals of the company in terms of the guiding department by planning and implementing strategic management plans
- Management of the guiding department to the highest standard of excellence
- Communicate and live the Singita philosophy – conservation/One Planet, community and tourism
- Monitor and evaluate guides and other departmental staff and ensure on-going skills development in conjunction with the trail guide trainer
- Ensure that emergency procedures are in place and will be effective in case of an emergency
- Oversee and control the guiding related budgets
- Guiding allocations for all camps and lodges
- Maintain effective communication within the guiding department, with the lodges and head office
- Ensure on-going, responsible environmental management
- Management of relations with the wildlife division
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com or fill in the application on our website!