What the role entails
This is a specialist role, based in Cape Town, that serves to foster and maintain a strategic and collaborative approach to conservation efforts across the Singita group. Its primary objective is to develop and grow Singita’s scope of work, influence and recognition in the field of conservation projects in Africa and elsewhere.
The role currently has two direct reports, namely: GM: Sustainability and GM: Community Partnership Programmes.
In this role, collective time spent in the field and depth practically-acquired knowledge will bear heavy weighting in the selection process.
What you will need
- A relevant academic qualification, at a minimum of a Masters level is a prerequisite
- Relevant work experience and research experience would be highly advantageous
- Experience with ancillary conservation topics (such as security, anti-poaching, intelligence gathering) is highly advantageous
- Ability to travel extensively
- In possession of a broad range of knowledge across zoology and botany and other conservation sciences
- Hold credentials in a conservation-related network.
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
What you will do
- Manage holistic conservation messaging (biodiversity, sustainability and communities)
- Represent Singita and Conservation to media and other public forums.
- Remain informed and up-to-date on all biodiversity projects across all properties
- Seek opportunities to work on promotional and educational opportunities with marketing
- Identify, research and evaluate opportunities for new conservation projects
- Develop and manage relationships with conservation partners as well as seek additional opportunities
- Attend conservation workshops and other relevant events. Represent Singita as a recognized leader in the conservation world.
- Generation of content for the Conservation Brochure
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of EQ
- Seeks to build relationships
- A skilled presenter and report-writer
- Skilled in presenting an argument or point of view in a balanced manner
- Passionate about conservation
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Adaptable to high-pressure, standards and performance demands
- Embracing of change
- Seeks to understand before taking action
Work style and approach:
- Curious and passionate about conservation as well as the hospitality industry
- A collaborative working style
- Has a flexible approach
- Professional communicator
- A quick learner
- Holds a sensitivity towards the importance of tourism to conservation efforts.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com