The Front of House Anchor is expected to play a direct role in maintaining the highest service standards within the lodge and is accountable to the manager on duty and ultimately, the Lodge Manager for these standards.
Skills & Experience
- Have previous experience in a similar environment
- Confidence in his/her ability to provide a world class service
- A thirst for wanting to be the very best that he/she can be with regard to providing Service.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills (By Example & Delegation)
- Competency in Restaurant Service that will meet SGR Standards
- Excellent Knowledge of English – Written & comprehension
- Good Appearance & Grooming
- Demonstrates a high level of understanding with regard to hygiene and cleanliness
- Good understanding of the disciplines of teamwork.
- Stock Control capabilities
- Willingness to do other tasks reasonably expected of you.
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- The ability to deal with constructive criticism
- Certificate/Diploma in Hotel Management/Tourism with 2-3 years of experience in Front Office Operation, Hotel/Tourism Management is an added advantage
- Be a Tanzanian citizen.
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
- A mature approach to life in general.
- Passionate about detail.
- Open minded; has a broad outlook; isn’t limited by rules.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Has the confidence to make considered decisions and stand by them.
- Comfortable assuming ownership for their role in the business.
- Enjoys taking on new challenges.
- Humility is core to their personal value system.
- Naturally intuitive.
- Has a sense of humour.
- Passionate about sustainability and “giving back”.
Work style and approach
- Curious and passionate about our industry, constantly seeking out new trends and ideas on how to enhance our guest’s experience.
- Sophisticated with a keen eye for quality.
- Has a collaborative working style.
- Has a flexible approach to working hours, thought processes and systems.
- Comfortable working in a 24/7 “mobile connected world” using the related technologies.
- Has the ability to understand what “luxury” means in the current world of travel and is able to shift focus as this definition evolves over time.
- Has a sophisticated approach to communicating via the various channels that we use to conduct business.
- A quick learner – particularly with regards to understanding the travel trade and our internal technology.
- Understanding the benefit of building key personal relationships with both suppliers and clients.
What you will do
- Receiving and hosting of guests in line with the Singita Standards of Excellence
- Maintenance of the guest database to achieve service excellence
- Effective daily administration of the concierge
- Ensuring that the guest and service areas of the lodge are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Communicating with lodge front of house and back of house staff, kitchen and guides to ensure that guest needs are met and that the lodge runs smoothly
- The anchor is expected to be able to do guest check-in and check-outs including all relevant administration.
- Handling of all guest requests effectively and efficiently.
- The front of House Anchor is expected to host guests at mealtime depending on the shifts as designated by the Lodge Manager.
- Work closely with the Lodge Manager on assisting with all daily duties in terms of admin and hosting guests that are required to ensure the smooth ruining of Sasakwa Lodge.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com or fill in the application on our website!