The Amukeri – from Ma Amukeri is the Shangaan word for “the one who welcomes you and takes care of your needs”, provides a personalized, professional concierge and reception service to Singita guests and as such, must always be available at the Amukeri desk. The Amukeri plays a direct role in maintaining the highest service standards within the lodge and is accountable to the manager on duty and ultimately, the Lodge Manager for these.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in reception and switchboard duties
- An aptitude for management
- Excellent telephone manager
- Excellent communication and organisational ability
- Excellent English reading, writing and speaking ability
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of food preparation and the terminology of food
- Excellent presentation and people skills
- The ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- The ability to communicate with guests of all races and languages
- An understanding of the etiquette involved in hosting guests of different cultures
- Attention to detail
- Passion in terms of Service Excellence and willingness to grow in this area
- Code 8 Driver’s Licence
Core to the success of the individual in this role is that their personal values are aligned with Singita’s.
- A relationship builder by nature
- A mature approach to life
- Passionate about the business and detail
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Comfortable assuming ownership for their role in the business
- Naturally intuitive
- Passionate about sustainability and “giving back”
- Works comfortably under pressure
- Is comfortable with change
Work style and approach:
- Curious and passionate about our industry,
- A collaborative working style
- Has a flexible approach
- Has a sophisticated approach to communicating via the various channels
- A quick learner
- Receiving and hosting of guests in line with the Singita Standards of Excellence.
- Maintenance of the guest database to achieve service excellence.
- Effective daily administration of the concierge and reception duties.
- Ensuring that the guest and service areas of the lodge are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Communication with lodge front of house and back of house staff, kitchen and ranger or tracker to ensure that guest needs are met and that the lodge runs smoothly.
- Achieving service excellence though Teamwork.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com