What to bring
Your safari suitcase, packed properly, will ensure that you have everything you need for the ultimate African bush experience. Cotton clothing in neutral colours is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colours for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required at any of our lodges.
We recommend packing the following items all year long:
- Comfortable walking shoes/track shoes/hiking boots for walks; and sandals to wear around the lodge
- Swimming costume/bathing suits, sun block, sun hat, sunglasses, lip balm, mosquito repellent (Lip balm and mosquito repellent is provided for all our guests, but you are welcome to bring along your favourite brand)
- Camera and video camera, binoculars, spare memory cards and charging equipment.
- Please note that in the event of rain during a game drive, waterproof ponchos will be provided for guests comfort.
Seasons and weather vary in the Reserve
To ensure your comfort you may want to tailor your clothing choices to the time of year:
- October – April: The weather is warm during the day and cooler in the morning and evenings. We recommend casual summer clothes (shorts and cool shirts) and a light sweater/fleece for the cooler morning and evening temperatures.
- May – September: This is Fall and Winter and the temperature will be mild during the day, but a bit cooler in the mornings and evenings. We recommend casual light clothing and a light sweater/fleece for the cooler mornings and nights.
It is recommended that you consult your doctor/physician before travelling. Singita Grumeti is located in a malarial zone so guests are advised to take appropriate prophylactics. Yellow fever is present in Tanzania and inoculations are compulsory prior to entering East Africa, you may find more information here: Yellow Fever Information – East Africa
Please remember that you need at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel.