Singita Explore Mobile Tented Camp operates in a malarial zone so it is essential to consider taking appropriate prophylactics. Yellow fever is present in Tanzania and inoculations are compulsory prior to entering East Africa. We recommended that you consult your doctor/physician before travelling.
- 6 x 1-bedroom tents configured to suit each individual group of travellers
This is an exclusive-use camp so it is pitched and set-up based on the requirements of each booking.
Amenities & Services
- There is no swimming pool as this is a mobile camp
- Spa treatments can be pre-arranged
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal
- Electricity/power available: 240 VAC in the main lounge tent only. This is suitable for charging electronic devices
- Children of all ages are welcome as this is an exclusive-use experience. Activities are tailored to suit each family. In the interest of safety, children’s participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide
Our Rates Include
- Luxurious en-suite accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner, all drinks (excluding connoisseur wines and French Champagne)
- Land Rover safaris and bush walks accompanied by an experienced guide
- Laundry and valet services
- Road transfers to and from Singita airstrip
Our Rates Exclude
- Government of Tanzania Wildlife Fees of US$50 per person per night
- Air transfers to and from the lodge
- Spa treatments
- Certain special meal requests
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
Your Journey To Reach Us - By Air
- We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters for your trip. All flights land at the Singita airstrip located 10 minutes from the lodge
- On scheduled flights, the weight of luggage is restricted to 15kg (33lb) for checked baggage and 5kg (11lb) for hand luggage
- Kilimanjaro - Singita: approximately 2 hrs15minutes
- Arusha – Singita : approximately 2hrs
Private aircraft pilots land at their own risk and are advised to broadcast their intentions on frequency VHF channel 118.45.
Planes that can land at Singita’s airstrip: Beechcraft 1900; King Air; Cessna 406, 402, 404; Twin Otter and Grand Caravan.
- Latitude: 02° 04” 36’ S
- Longitude: 34° 30” 56’ E
- Elevation: 4 400ft
- Surface: Compacted Murram
- Length: 1 410m for take off AMSL
- Direction: 120° 300° (12/30)
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards
Check-in/Check-out times & Lodge Closure
The camp is open year-round
Check-in time: 13h00
Check-out time: 11h00
Key species you are likely to see
During your camping experience with Singita Explore, you are likely to spot a great variety of wildlife, including cheetah, bearded wildebeest, bat eared fox, black rhino, Maasai giraffe, lion, elephant, buffalo and leopard.
When is the peak time to see the wildebeest migration?
There is no real beginning or end to the wildebeest’s constant search for food and water. The only beginning is when calves are born – almost 400,000 wildebeest calves are born during a 6-week period usually between late January and mid-March. The migration path varies from year to year depending on weather and other environmental factors.
What time of year can we see the wildebeest migration and in which area?
It's difficult to predict exactly where the migrating wildebeest will be in a given month because movements depend so much on weather patterns. But generally over the year the animals move from the wet southern and eastern plains of the Serengeti from November to March and to the dryer north of the Serengeti National Park, both north and south of the Mara River, from the end of May through October.