The untamed wilderness and magnificent wildlife of Africa is a truly life changing experience no matter one’s age. A safari makes for an unforgettable family holiday, with exhilarating activities for the entire family to enjoy, memories made together that will last a lifetime, and opportunities to learn and grow together.
Safari can open a child’s eyes to the beauty of the natural world, which is why children of all ages are welcome at Singita Ebony and Boulders Lodges. With various accommodation options to choose from, Singita Sabi Sand is an ideal destination for families of all shapes, sizes and ages.
Activities at the lodges are tailored specifically to suit the interests and desires of each family and babysitting services are available. In the interest of safety, participation of children in any game activities is at the discretion of their guide.
Family Friendly Accommodation
- Lewis Suites – ideal for families with teenage children. The suites are right next to each other and within close proximity to the main lodge area.
- Family Suites – ideal for families with small children. The family suites include an en-suite master bedroom and an en-suite twin bedroom as well as a dining and lounge veranda area with a stone fireplace, and a private viewing deck with heated plunge pool.
Some of the special activities offered for families and children include:
- Board games
- Wildlife shows
- Cooking and baking with chefs
- Visits to the local community schools when class is in session
- Mini Rangers’ Course: Our exciting Mini Rangers’ Course opens up a whole new world to young explorers. This programme includes: tracking animals; frogging; butterfly capture and release; a cosmic safari (astronomy); learning bush survival techniques; flower-pressing; game-spotting competitions; nature quizzes and a Ranger’s Test. Upon completion of the course, these proud achievers are awarded certificates to recognise their new-found knowledge and accomplishments.