What to bring
Your safari suitcase, packed properly, will ensure that you have everything you need for the ultimate African bush experience. Cotton clothing in neutral colours is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colours for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required at any of our lodges.
We recommend packing the following items all year long:
- Comfortable walking shoes/track shoes/hiking boots for walks; and sandals to wear around the lodge
- Swimming costume/bathing suits, sun block, sun hat, sunglasses, lip balm, mosquito repellent (Lip balm and mosquito repellent is provided for all our guests, but you are welcome to bring along your favourite brand)
- Camera and video camera, binoculars, spare memory cards and charging equipment.
- Please note that in the event of rain during a game drive, waterproof ponchos will be provided for guests comfort.
- All of our lodges are located in remote areas and therefore guests should remember to bring an extra pair of correction glasses (if required), contact lens solution and an extra set of contact lenses(if required) as well as a sufficient supply of any prescription medication.
Seasons and weather vary in the reserve
To ensure your comfort you may want to tailor your clothing choices to the time of year:
- October – April: The weather is warm during the day and cooler in the morning and evenings. We recommend casual summer clothes (shorts and cool shirts) and a warm jersey/sweater for the cooler times of day.
- May – September: This is Fall and Winter and the temperature will be mild during the day, but colder in the mornings and evenings. We recommend casual light clothing and a very warm parka/jacket for the extremely cold mornings and nights.
Singita Sabi Sand is located in a malarial zone so guests are advised to take appropriate prophylactics. It is also recommended that you consult your doctor/physician before travelling.
Please remember that you need at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel.