A field guide provides a core service to the lodge/s, which is in effect the department’s “customer”. The field guides are fully responsible for conducting guided safari experiences at Singita that are unique, personalized, professional and enjoyable, and are accountable to the Head Ranger for the delivery of such experiences to the guests.
The main purpose of the field guide is to ensure that an all-encompassing wildlife experience is offered to every guest with the focus on catering to the specific needs of each individual guest. The entire experience should be delivered with humility, professionalism and flexibility, with the end result being an educational experience for all. The guiding service should be delivered with an uncompromising sensitivity towards the environment. Field guides are expected to be involved in an ongoing process of self –improvement and knowledge enhancement. They are responsible for their own continuous education and that of their tracker.
Game drive vehicles and related equipment are to be well-maintained and cared for at all times, in line with the required Singita Standards. Finally, field guides need to ensure that there is effective communication with lodge management in terms of all guest and guiding requirements. This position is accountable to the Head Guide.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Ensures the highest quality of game experience for the guests.
- Hosts guests in line with the Singita Standard of Excellence.
- Shows an exceptional appreciation and sensitivity to the environment at all times.
- Ensures that guest and staff safety is always a priority.
- Communicates with Front of House staff to ensure the best possible experience for guests.
- Conscientious maintenance and care of vehicles and related equipment.
- Carries out administration duties timeously and effectively.
- Undertakes a process of continuous education of self and other members of staff.
- Achieves service excellence though Teamwork.
As such the person filling this position needs to have:
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a field guide in a similar lodge environment
- A level 2 FGASA qualification or higher with theory and practical completed
- Registered with DEAT and THETA in terms of improving his/her qualifications
- Passed the Kruger National Park rifle assessment as well as the trails guide examination
- Trails guide certificate
- Valid first aid certificate
- SASSETA Certificates
- A valid South African Code 8 Driver’s license and PDP
- Signed Singita Driver’s Code of Conduct
- Excellent communication and people handling skills
- An inherent passion for observing, sharing and learning about wildlife
- The ability to work on his/her own with enthusiasm
- Flexible in that he/she is willing to change plans on the spur of the moment and is willing to innovate in the interests of the guest and the company
- Confident but humble
- Co-operative – and keen to work with the balance of the team in the interests of the lodge and the guests
- Organized – with attention to detail and time
- A developmental approach to his/her staff and colleagues
- Professional and neat in personal appearance and image
Standard Company Benefits:
Provident Fund – Alexander Forbes
Medical Aid – Discovery Health
- Live in
- Meals provided
- Uniform provided
Check out the latest feature of Singita Lebombo Lodge in TASTE magazine!
Please forward your CV and motivational letter for the above mentioned position to Adel Lombard at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 013 735 550