Singita’s evolution from a single-lodge company to one that is now responsible for a million acres of land, operating 12 lodges and camps in five wilderness regions across three African countries, has always been characterised by a pioneering spirit and a sincere desire to preserve wilderness areas for future generations. Its low-impact, high-value tourism model – fewer guests paying a premium for the privilege of experiencing vast open spaces – exists to sustain these wilderness areas and their resident wildlife, while providing an exclusive safari experience.
The lodge anchor position is based at Boulders Lodge, Singita Sabi Sand.
• Coordination of service, wine tastings, functions etc
• Manage staff in terms of discipline and service
• Hosting as well as check ins and outs
• Passion for the natural environment and concern for sustainability
• Hotel school qualification
• 4 years’ work experience – ideally 2 years in a well-recognized five star hotel or world class lodge, as an assistant manager
• Similar experience in a 5 star environment
• Sound knowledge of food and beverage, in particular wine, cigars and cheese
Skills and abilities
• Financial management skills
• Management experience
• Basic computer literacy
• Excellent attention to detail
• Exceptional communication skills in English
To apply for this job, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or fill in the application on our website!