With the winter season in full swing at Singita Sabi Sand, I have been amazed to see how many animal footpaths there are leading to the river. When I see a well used path, I catch myself wondering if this path is equivalent to the famous 5th Avenue in New York City – convinced that most animals taking this path know that they are in for a big treat as it leads to the most nourished vegetation on the river bank. Like a rainbow, that path often has a pot of gold at the end of it, and earlier this month we found it!
Download the full wildlife report here: Singita Sabi Sand Wildlife Report June 2014
- Average minimum 5.2˚C (41.3˚F)
- Average maximum 24.3˚C (75.7˚F)
- Minimum recorded 3.0˚C (37.4˚F)
- Maximum recorded 27.0˚C (80.6˚F)
- For the period: 0 mm
- For the year to date: 851 mm/li>