As if nothing was amiss, the family of four cheetahs strolled back onto the concession one late afternoon. It was a wonderful scene. The cubs had grown considerably since the last time we saw them in July, and were at the same shoulder height as their mother pictured to the right above. They were still as playful as ever and even chased one another whilst their mother was attempting an early evening hunt. Cheetah cubs generally leave their mother at the age of 18 months. Daughters will stay within the maternal home range of their mothers, but will stay separate from one another. Their boundaries will however overlap with those of their mothers. Young males have a much harder time in securing territory.
- Average Minimum:15°C (59°F)
- Average Maximum:31°C (88°F)
- Minimum Recorded:10°C (50°F)
- Maximum Recorded:43°C (109°F)
- For the period:36 mm (1 in)
- For the year to date:278 mm (11 in)